Background and Purpose of KTS:
Founded in 2005 by Cindy Kaplan (technical editor of NEW SAT FOR DUMMIES, SAT FOR DUMMIES, 1001 SAT QUESTIONS FOR DUMMIES, and CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL ENTRANCE EXAMS FOR DUMMIES), KAPLAN TUTORING SERVICES (KTS) provides the following private (one-on-one) tutoring, small-class tutoring, and Skype tutoring for students in grades 5 through 12 (and beyond) throughout Rhode Island, southeastern Massachusetts, eastern Connecticut, and via the Internet. Specific private tutoring services are also provided in the New York City area.
We have helped athletes raise their scores to attain scholarships, NCAA eligibility, and acceptance into elite colleges and universities. KTS tutoring has enabled middle and high school students to be accepted at the boarding, private, or Catholic high schools of their choice, to be admitted to their honors programs, and to sometimes win merit scholarships.
Cindy Kaplan also provides college planning advice to students and their families as they negotiate the enormous variety of options available: Early Decision I and II, Early Action, merit scholarships, AP courses and AP exams, SAT subject tests, summer programs, rigor in curriculum, recommendations from teachers and others, service trips, community service projects, and extra-curricular activities. She also helps students create outstanding, personal college essays.
- ALL ACADEMIC SUBJECTS (math, physics, writing, Latin, etc.)
- Standardized college entrance exams (NEW SAT PREP, ACT Prep)
- Winter Classes for SAT and ACT Prep Starting January, 2017
- ACT Workshop March, 2017
- Additional college entrance exams (SAT II subject tests)
- Law school entrance exam (LSAT Prep)
- Foreign student entrance exam (TOEFL Prep)
- Graduate school entrance exam (GRE Prep, GMAT Prep)
- Private high school entrance exams (SSAT Prep, ISEE Prep)
- Catholic high school entrance exam (HSPT Prep)
- Fall Classes for SSAT and HSPT Prep Starting October, 2016
- High school achievement tests (PARCC Prep, NECAP Prep)
- Other standardized tests for adults (PRAXIS, GED)
- Additional high school senior services (Senior Project, COLLEGE ESSAYS)
- Bar/Bat Mitzvah Preparation (see Other Services)
- Adult writing assistance (resumes, LinkedIn Profile, cover letters, proofreading, foreign language translation).
What People Are Saying About KTS Tutoring:
“Thank you for all your help. Our son’s high SAT and ACT scores helped him secure a very generous merit scholarship.” Parent of a Student accepted to a prestigious college
“We have been so happy with the work that the tutor has done with our son for his advanced math course. His insights about our son’s learning style, strengths and weaknesses have been right on target.” Wheeler (High) School Parent
“My daughter was very relieved that Kaplan Tutoring could be tailored to her busy academic and sports schedule. She took sessions that addressed all areas of the SAT, with an emphasis on Math. All areas of her SAT scores improved dramatically.” Barrington High School Parent
“Our son was accepted to several Catholic high schools. He has decided to go to Hendricken this fall where he has been placed into their honors program. I want to thank you. He says that he had the right tools and the confidence going into the entrance exam-all which he learned from your HSPT prep classes! We will keep you in mind for any future needs.” Future Bishop Hendricken High School Parent
“A quick note to let you know how much we appreciate the wonderful tutoring our daughter received. All three scores went up 20 points each!! She got into all the schools to which she applied!!!! Thank you!” Gordon School Parent
“Our daughter got into every school to which she applied. She will be going to Wheeler. Thanks for your help. Her score really bumped in a big way.” Parent of 8th Grader who took the SSAT
How We Can Help You:
With many talented tutors, flexible scheduling, and convenient locations – whether East Bay, Providence, or West Bay – Kaplan Tutoring Services can provide help for all of your tutoring needs! You will also find that this website provides valuable information to help you (parents and students) make important decisions for the future. Call (401) 595-9350 or email if you have questions or wish to sign up for classes or schedule private tutoring sessions.